Friday, August 21, 2009

*sigh*

Do you have a dream home? Like, something you can totally just, picture yourself living in, when you're older, and settled in? I think about that a lot, like a home that's all to myself, a gorgeous place that's all mine. But my dream home is very... never going to happen. If you know what I mean.
QUEEN OF SPADES DREAM HOME:
I want to live in a small tiny condo, well, not too small, but not too big. Preferably in France, or some place in Europe. My Dream Home should be situated near a small cutesy cafe, where I can go have coffee every other morning or so. My home will be completely white. Everything, from the floors, the the walls, to the roof, will be a bright, clean, refreshing white. I even want most of the furniture to be white, maybe a few of my accent colors for chairs or something, but I want pretty much, a white wonderland home. Of course, it would be quite eye-popping if completely white, with no other colors to be seen, therefore, I will have accents of Red & Black... but not overwhelming the white wonderland sensation. You know, red pillows on the couches, Black picture frames on the walls. What I want in the living room, is thick black picture frames, but of simple red things as the picture. Such as a juicy red apple, a red rose, or hearts. Simple, yet elegant and pretty. I also want a clear, beautiful vase here and there, containing a single red rose in each. Again, accenting the white. Maybe a black shag carpet in the bedroom... shag carpets feel good on your feet :P And a big fat, fluffy red blanket on my white bed sheets. Canopy bed too cheezy? Who cares this is MY dream home, I'm allowed to make it as cheezy as I'd like it to be. My bathroom, also completely white, shall be one of the rooms containing a single red rose in a vase, and will be spotless, clean, and wonderfully white. I then want a single room, strictly for movies, we shall name it... the Film-Viewing space, and it will be not white, however completely black. Since you know, it's nice to watch movies in a dark room, unlike a white room. This room, will also contain a single red rose. And the walls will be littered with many film posters/reviews. I will have a whole wall full of movies, and yes, I shall own every Johnny Depp movie ever made. So far, we have a living room, a bedroom, bathroom, and Film-Viewing space.. practical? Yes. Finally, my kitchen. You guessed it, completely white, and instead of a single red rose in this space, we shall have dozens of them, because Roses will be my flower ;)
Although, somewhere in the house, I am going to have to put tigerlilies, because they are my favorite flower. Anyways, I will have candles, spread out everywhere
throughout the home, since I certainly love my candles. Mostly red based scents, red & orange, and dark pinks, so that the scents blend well together. And Incense, I will burn lots of incense in my home, cider, cinnamon, pumpkin.. spiced based incense, so then again, they blend well together, as well as with the candles. I will own cats. Not too many, since I do not wish to be labeled crazy cat lady. I'd want a white cat, and name her Hecate, and a black cat named; Hellewise. Both ancient goddesses. And i think that pretty much sums up my dream home.
Lovely, is it not?
:)

2 comments:

Nicola said...

that was fun to read :) And yes, very very lovely. I shall make a post of my own dream home now <3

QueenofSpades said...

Thanks dear,
*goes to read your dream home*