Monday, July 20, 2009

My Film Life...

Okay lately, i've been seeing lots of films...like 4 in theater's in the past week, and a couple rented ones. Thought i'd let you know how each one is...which ones to see in theaters, which ones to wait for...and which ones scared me permanently o_O
So the first Film i've seen in theaters in the past week, was
1. YEAR ONE
Starring; Jack Black, Michael Cera.

My Rating; 1.5/5
IT SUCKED. If you're going to watch this film, i suggest you wait until it comes out on video, because this one is definitely a home movie. Though for those of you who still haven't seen it, i don't think that will be an issue.. since i'm pretty sure it's not in theaters anymore. I went with a few friends, and we were quite tempted to get up and leave. (Though we didn't, because we really had nothing better to do) So yes, this film, terrible. Don't see it. You'll be wasting your time.
2. TRANSFORMERS
Starring; Shia Labeouf, Megan Fox

My Rating; 5/5
THIS FILM WAS AWESOME. Most definitely a theater movie. If you haven't seen this in theaters... your loss. Because there's no screen like the big screen ;) Before I saw this movie, a lot of people told me it was really bad... and that it had no storyline. Well are you watching the same movie? Because yeah it had a storyline!!! It was all about the Prime's, that hid the secret weapon, and the evil decepticon was going to turn our sun off, and the only one that could beat him was a Prime. DUH. It was amazing. Most defs a good series, this is going on my "must buy" list.
3. HARRY POTTER
Starring; Daniel Radcliffe , Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton

My Rating; 3/5
This Film did NOT live up to its expectations. Yes it was good.. but the book was far better. And all you Harry Potter fans who are hating on my opinion, well...there was NO action in this movie. And usually the movies are amazing, and this director had a lot on his hands with this book, which in my opinion, is one of the best. He just didn't do that great of a job. Honestly, this is a rental movie. Don't get me wrong, i love love love Harry Potter :D But this was one of the worst movies by far. More Romance, hardly any action. It was a dissapointement compared to the rest of the films. Like in some cases, the films were FAR better than the books! Okay, maybe that's only in one case; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Don't deny it, that book was B-O-R-I-N-G Boring! But the movie? One of my favorites! So yes. Harry potter sucked a little.
But ladies and gents? My favorite parts? Snape & Bellatrix ;) <3
LOVE THESE TWO. best part of the film ;)
4. PUBLIC ENEMIES
Starring; Johnny Depp!, Marion Cotillard

My Rating; 5/5 !
DUHR I GIVE THIS FILM A 5/5 ITS JOHNNY DEPP !<3<3<3 It was amazing, and a total "SHOOTEMUP film" oh, and now i'm totally in love with the song "bye bye blackbird". AND JOHNNY... WAS EXCEPTIONALLY GORGEOUS in this film ;) Go see it. Now. I command you. :D
5. PUSH
Starring; Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Camilla Belle

My Rating; 4.5/5
This movie was exceptionally awesome :D Lots of people said the plot was hard to follow.. but i think you guys are all just slow. Because the plot was quite simple really. The only things that were a bit tough to get used to were the codenames for all the different type of people they had. (Pushers, Bleeders, Movers etc.) The director did a great job with this film, and it is also most definitely on my "to buy" list. If i had had the chance to see this film in theaters, I would have, because that was for sure, a theater movie.
6. CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC
Starring; Isla Fisher, Hugh Dancy, Krysten Ritter

My Rating; 3.5/5
This movie was extremely, over the top.... CHEEZY. For sure a movie night with some friends :P
I loved it, it wasn't as good as the book, (As most films aren't) but it was still a pretty good one.
The cheeziness of the film was so overtop, that it made me giggle a few times. Like in a certain scene when she starts being persuaded by a manican to buy a scarf. Very odd. But you should rent this with a few friends, and make some popcorn :)
7. KNOWING
Starring; Nicolas Cage, Chandler Canterbury, Rose Byrne, Lara Robinson

My Rating; 5/5
This was a scary movie D: Definitely not a movie i'd show to a little child. The beginning is amazing, and the second you start watching this movie, and are introduced to Lucinda Embry, you know that this is going to be a good film. Although, what Nicolas Cage film isn't amazing?
This movie makes you think, makes you think about what kind of stuff really is out there, and if the end of the world ever will come. Makes your perspective on the world a little different. It says that this is an action/drama movie. But i'd say that it's a Psychological Thriller. The way it shows things... I wish i could've seen this movie in theaters. Although i'm not too fond of the effect of this movie, i still loved it, and it's on my "must buy" list. Good Film, go watch it :)

*the green titles mean that i saw them in theaters, the blue title's are rental movies*

2 comments:

Isabella :) said...

YOU HAVE MESSED UP MOVIE STANDARDS.
Transformers was horrible.
SOO bad. I even saw it at a DRIVE IN THEATRE and it still didn't make it cool.

It had a story but it was LAME-O.

And as we discussed, HBP was amazing :)

You silly goose.

QueenofSpades said...

TRANSFORMERS WAS AWESOME.
you're crazy.

:)